In this digital age, Content Writer is one of the professions that many companies are looking for to grow their platform. This is due to the shift in news and marketing media from electronic to conten.digital forms.
Becoming a Content Writer is not as easy as it looks, because it requires good language skills. Content Writer requires qualified skills and must understand well its main tasks. What are the most important duties and responsibilities of a content writer? Content writers must be responsible for their work, smart, thorough, always have new ideas, & can analyze what readers want.
7 Main Duties of a Content Writer
Content writers must know their duties so that what is written has more value and can reach the target reader. Writing must also be easy to read and easy to understand. These are the 7 main tasks of a Content Writer that you must know.
1. Content Writer is in charge of writing content that is following the order and is relevant to the platform to be filled. For example, for a health website, the content will certainly be different from a technology website.
2. Content Writer must analyze or do research, before writing. The data or information contained in the writing must be trusted and can be accounted for by the content writer.
3. Content Writer is tasked with finding keywords or keywords to write about because this is closely related to SEO so that the writing can be easily found by readers through Google searches.
4. A content writer is also tasked with educating his readers, by being able to present complex but easy-to-understand information.
5. Content Writers who work in the Marketing division, then Content Writers must be able to make the products offered easy to find, as well as the website can get a lot of viewers. Content Writer in the marketing division is one of the most profitable positions for the company.
6. Content Writer in charge of understanding a good writing format.
This includes making your edits and making sure the spelling of punctuation marks is good and correct in the created manuscript.
7. Content Writer in charge of completing his writing according to the deadline. A credible and professional Content Writer will have no difficulty in getting a job or writing an order if they can be trusted to carry out their duties according to the agreement.
A series of skills and abilities that a content writer must have SEO
Content writers must know what is meant by SEO-friendly content criteria. Content writers must be observant and always updated with this SEO development.
Have Good Writing Skills
It is undeniable, not everyone can be a good and true writer. Writing skills must be learned, including understanding the writing format that is following applicable rules. Writing looks very easy but professional writing must be learned.
Before writing an article, the writer must have the will to dig up information from various places to get reliable data and information. It is a moral burden for the writer if the information he presents turns out to be untrue, especially if it contains hoaxes. Doing this research is a skill that is very mandatory for content writers.
Reading Target Reader
Content writers must also have the ability to read the target reader, this skill is very important in writing. The way and style of our writing must be adapted to the target reader. For example, writing for an adult reader will be different for a young target audience.
Understanding What Readers Want
Well, for one, content writers have to keep updating about information that is currently busy among the public, both at home and abroad. The ability to find themes, titles and keywords for writing that readers like requires a learning process and sensitivity.