Education Finance Lead
Maycomb Capital is a revolutionary affect investing system. We deliver financing across asset lessons to fund methods and enterprises that remodel communities. At Maycomb, we know that the world’s troubles demand from customers tolerance, creativity, and an appreciation for complexity. We drive capital toward efficient remedies for underserved communities, working with data and arduous assessment to guide our selections. We detect scalable and sustainable paths to beneficial adjust, tackling entrenched social and economic problems. By harnessing the scale, knowledge and risk tolerance of the personal sector in assistance of the general public great, we’re demonstrating what’s possible with mission-targeted, adaptable funds.
We’re named for Maycomb County, the location of Harper Lee’s vintage novel To Kill a Mockingbird. Lee made use of Maycomb, a fictional district in Despair-period Alabama, as a backdrop for her universal tale of the pursuit of justice. Her tale sparked conversations about equity that even now resonate now. Maycomb seeks to proceed this dialogue, bringing impressive concepts to gentle through motion.
Instructional Sources Effect Fund
The Educational Assets Influence Fund (ERIF) is just one of Maycomb’s Customized Procedures, a $15 million demonstration fund that aims to guidance nonprofit builders and companies of higher high quality tutorial supplies, significantly those people available as open up instructional assets (OER). The fund’s financial investment technique is to offer versatile personal debt financing to these organizations to diversify their funds resources and permit potential progress.
The fund’s mission is to a) aid the development and sustainability of these nonprofit corporations so that much more college students, specifically individuals who are Black, Latino, English learners, or influenced by poverty, achieve entry to these significant good quality educational materials and b) test this investment decision strategy in the marketplace to determine if these corporations can effectively repay personal debt funding and if this strategy can group in extra financial commitment money in the long run.
The fund gained anchor commitments from the Monthly bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the W.K. Kellogg Basis, the Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family members Philanthropies, and the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation.
The Schooling Finance Direct will have the obligation for supporting various areas of ERIF. This personal will assist the staff with business development attempts, underwriting financial loans that equilibrium financial return and affect, and running investor relations to ensure that updates, feed-back and classes uncovered are properly communicated back again to the funder team and other advisors. The great prospect will have foundational expertise in educational methods and finance/investments with a curiosity to increase his or her occupation throughout new skill sets.
Be aware that this position is for a two-yr preliminary engagement only. The position may well be extended if the ERIF raises a next fund.
- Lead enterprise advancement and sourcing attempts to establish high-quality expenditure opportunities for the fund that align with business choice conditions and the funders’ charitable purpose.
- Do the job with the staff to underwrite, approve and close financial loans to eligible borrowers.
- Control the in general portfolio, like monitoring particular person personal loan/firm overall performance, supplying specialized assistance to borrowers, examining ongoing monetary and affect reporting acquired from debtors, and modifying/restructuring loans as needed.
- Regulate associations with the funder group, the advisory committee and other governance bodies, which includes developing the agenda, getting ready collateral components, and follow-up as essential.
- Build impact collateral, together with tracking effect metrics across the portfolio, drafting qualitative situation experiments, and sharing lessons learned from this pilot fund to be shared equally with the funder team and publicly.
The perfect prospect will possess the following:
- Potent area skills in the instructional assets marketplace, which includes marketplace dynamics close to the development and product sales cycle of educational resources and most effective techniques all over good quality standards and cultural responsiveness.
- Familiarity with or expertise in finance or investments, with a preference for immediate lending expertise to nonprofit organizations.
- Some prior understanding of fund buildings, investment decision processes, and operations.
- 5-10 several years of suitable perform working experience throughout the previously mentioned places.
- Solid interpersonal skills and a workforce player with the skill to stand for Maycomb and the ERIF to various stakeholder teams.
- Competitive advantages
- Income will be competitive and commensurate with knowledge
How to Implement
Remember to deliver a duplicate of your resume and statement of fascination to Academic Resources Effects Fund at [email protected] with the topic line “Education Finance Lead”
Our business actively seeks out candidates who convey with them a motivation to racial equity and a assorted set of lived encounters.
No phone calls, remember to. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
Job expires in 29 times.